GOOD LOOKS - Donut Day

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

donut day


-->
The US National Donut Day is on the first Friday of June each year (so this year it is the 5th June) and we have some great goodies that will give you the perfect excuse to have your own Donut Day in 5 easy steps. Succeeding the Donut Day event created by The Salvation Army in 1938 to honour the men and women who served donuts to soldiers during World War I, the holiday now celebrates the doughnut (a.k.a. "donut") in general.


Step 1: INVITES
For a mini get together, I suggest using the Meri Meri invitations to send a note off to all your guests to join you - in my case, I had a little kiddie play date. It was fun writing the party details around the invitation!


Step 2: DECORATIONS
I then used the extra invites to decorate the stool seats (like Studio DIY did here) and made backdrop together with some donut gift tags. The other tags I fashioned into a mini garland and a cake topper. The place settings are easily done with the Meri Meri donut plates and napkins (complete with gold foiling detail). 




Step 3: DRINKS
For drinks I served fresh farm milk in our plastic little milk bottles and paper striped straws (a gift tag topped each one as a little paper lid). 


Step 4: FOOD
And for the centerpiece and food in one, I stacked a tower of all sorts of different donuts I picked up from the corner cafe.







Step 5: FUN
Last but not least, for a bit of fun (and to burn off all that sugar), I had a donut frisbee!


IN GOOD COMPANY SHOP
Our Mini Donut Collection

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger